We're here to tell the stories, not the opinions! Send us your story or results to info@wcblog2.com You control the story, help shape it!

Live WEBCASTING : www.ustream.tv/channel/wcblog2 Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/WCcurlingblog2

Translate to your required language

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tom Killin retires from curling, becomes GB coach

To All

By way of this post I would like to bring you up to date with regards to my curling career.

 As many of you will know I have always intended retiring after the Winter Paralympics in Sochi and today my contract comes to an end whereby I have officially retired from competing in wheelchair curling.

I've had a wonderful ten years, competing all over the world as far flung as South Korea & Russia to the east and Canada & USA to the west, with most of Europe in between. I'v...e also had the honour of winning Paralympic silver, World gold & World silver medals, six British titles, Scottish titles and winning the British pairs twice and many international titles throughout the world. 

 However, this has opened another opportunity in my sporting career as I have been given the huge privilege to support the Great Britain coach Tony Zummack as his assistant, helping him in coaching the GB squad and mentoring the new players in their progress as they go forward in their curling careers. This is a wonderful opportunity that Tony has entrusted to me, both to learn from him as well as to broaden my coaching skills. 
 
This is a chance for me to put something back into a sport that has been so good to me over the years.

No comments: