So, over the next 4 days, I am going to allow you, the readers to provide your feedback to me on what you think and help make the decision if I should keep going.
In the poll; you get to vote. 4 simple choices...Poor, Average, Good, or Stop Publishing.
I am looking for your feedback on story content, what we are covering, and how we are covering it and the big question "Should I keep doing this?".
Also, I invite suggestions and invite comment; should you want me to keep going. I have received a couple of comment/emails over that last few days which have questioned a few things about what I am doing here and how I am doing it.
It has also made me question if I should keep publishing.
So I am going to provide my feedback to you regarding it. In simple point form:
1. I am volunteering my time to do this.
2. I make no money nor do I get any money nor do I ask for money
3. This blog takes anywhere between 20 - 30 hours per week to put together.
4. Asked to use spelling and grammar check! Excellent suggestion and I do try and do that. A new computer soon will help produce this better. As for spelling and grammar in comments; I have no control over that at all. Only the poster of the comment does. I am often posting articles or updates on the fly from one place to another. So spell check cannot often be done until we have a complete computer system to use. I am providing an information outline and news line on a volunteer basis. I provide a great amount of articles and information and opportunity for people to share in the sport of wheelchair curling. I have a few people help me out from time to time including Eric Eales; who often points me towards articles for publishing. Thank you, Eric. I am not a newspaper and mistakes will occur. Please be patient. If some day I ask for money I will hire an editor.
5. I have been told I am publishing personal opinion and comments. I am not! Personal comments are held at a minimum. Comments expressed here are held at check more often than you think. I get a great number of emails and comments which are not posted and 80% of the stories are reposted from 3rdparty articles for information purposes. My personal comments and opinions are held greatly in check and have been curbed a great deal. If you can provide an example of where my personal opinion has been posted that would be great. I will Endeavour to do better. I have great respect for every player out there but cannot say the same for them towards me. That is fine and that is life but I am trying my best to provide something to you the players so I ask you to respect what I am trying to do if you don't have respect for me, fine but please respect what is being done for free!
6. I have been told I am missing names sometimes in my postings. Omissions like that are never on purpose. We often refer to a Team or skip when posting and readers need to assume to a degree we are talking about a whole team. Postings on twitter are greatly restricted in the number of characters so we do our best.
So with all that said, you get to now have your say and get to make the decision.
Let me know and I will post the results or stop all together.
I cannot assume you folks want me doing this and would love to know. So, if you want me to stop let me know, I will; if the majority of you want me to.
Awaiting your feedback……. Next post. In a few days!